Skip to main content

New index site

 In making my new index I used a template. The template made it so I did not have to do as much coding and it was easier to get the content into a pre-made site. One of the downsides is the fact that it took a long time to figure out what css corresponded to the actual content so it was hard to change the background colors and text color.
The new index page turned out a lot cleaner than if I had not used a template and it has some features that would have taken me a very long time to add. I believe that most professional web designers don't create a lot of sites from scratch but have templates they made or found and use them as the base of any new sites. I think that if you make a template and use it for your sites that it is a good idea but if you are just copying other peoples templates for a profit it is not right and almost should be plagiarism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoe's Zebras Logo

I was told to make a logo for Zoe's Zebras, And at first I was going to make it a zebra shop. Then I thought that that did not make because selling zebras is probably illegal  so I turned it into a wildlife protection agency for zebras. That is why I chose the shield. I chose the double Z and the single Z designs for obvious reasons but The one that looks like an hour glass was a Z that I accidentally joined, but it looked like a nice logo so I kept it. The top ones are nice and smooth but the bottom ones have missing patches to look like a zebra.

Logo With Color

I chose to use this color scheme because the green adds color but does not take over the the logo. The red adds a pop of color and complements the green. 

New Index Page

Index page link:  http://eravensonline.net/students/823cw21/ In this project we revamped our index page. We integrated things we learned from recent projects. This includes color schemes, depth, and Google web fonts. I used the background to create a good looking color scheme. I used shadows and CSS ribbons to add depth to the site. I chose two google web fonts to add, one for the headings and one for the text.